Friday, April 8, 2011

Phrases Can Be More Than Meets the Eye

  Every so often, the kits I choose come with a pre-made word or phrase that I find difficult to use. These will often then sit, unused, as I don't have a clue what to do with them. In this particular case, I had the word "girly" in the form of a rub-on. There is nothing really girly in my house ( other than me and my female cat). Everything else is well...very much male dominated as I have a son, my wonderful husband and 2 other male pets. So the question was " when will I ever use this?!?"
Crate Paper Seasons rub-ons

The answer arrived while making my latest page. It's probably not new to some, but it's new  for me. I could simply cut the word apart and use sections of it in the title!
Scraphappy.org March Inspiration Scraplift of Maggie Holmes'
" I Absolutely love your Laugh"

Using the rub-ons and a variety of letter stickers made the title more interesting and allowed me to use up an otherwise unusable item in my stash. I invite you to also think a little more out of the box with the words and phrases in your stash. You just might like what you end up with.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I never would have thought of that! You have such great ideas!

    ReplyDelete