Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Summer kick off Blog hop at PPC






I love a blog hop(who doesn't) and I love a color challenge. So I decided to participate in Picture perfect creations summer blog hop. I used Sketch 204 from Scrapbook challenges.


I loved how the color palette from PPC complemented the photos of DH and DS playing at an outdoor restaurant. We often go to the Green parrot. It's a little hole in the wall place, but it has good food and the harbour views are amazing. Not to mention that the sea breezes are great on a warm summer day.



I added a green feather from an actual green parrot. Now in reality, there are no live green parrot's at this restaurant.However, there are green parrot's in the Bahamas...and that is where this feather came from. I figured it was the perfect touch. I did clean the feather before placing it in the layout by gently wiping it down with a baby wipe. One must be careful with bird feathers as they might harbour small bugs or other unpleasant germs. In cleaning the feather, you must also be quite gentle so you don't pull it apart.


I cut the title on my cricut with the CK Jolly elf font.

5 comments:

  1. Christy these are fantastic scrapbooking layouts. I love the buttons, the feather and the way the title looks. Great job using our color combo, it looks great with these awesome summer-y pictures. It sure looks like a beautiful place to go. Thanks for joining in on our fun Blog Hop challenge!

    Tamie- PPC Creator

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this LO is awesome! I love how CAS it is... yet the stripes really make the pictures pop. Thanks for participating in our blog hop!

    Allison - PPC Creator

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous job combining the two challenges! WTG! Thanks for playing along in our blog hop! Jackie - PPC Creator

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christy, these layouts ROCK girl! Thanks so much for playing along with our Blog Hop! Be sure to pop back again on Monday for our color challenge!

    Lori - PPC Creator

    ReplyDelete
  5. You were right that feather suits this colour combo perfectly!! Thanks for playing on our blog hop.

    Trish - PPC Creator

    ReplyDelete