Friday, May 9, 2014

Get It Scrapped: Gold and Black

When I see black and gold together I think of two things. First, I think of my middle school colors. Second, I think of formal occasions. Since I don't have any photos of me in my middle school colors, I opted to try out the color combo with a photo of me in high school.

Poised by Christy Strickler |Supplies Cardstock: Colorbok; Journal Cards: My Mind’s Eye; Vellum: We R Memory Keepers; Sequins: Jenni Bowlin Studios; Tape: Freckled Fawn; Font: Silhouette SW Partay Thyme, created for Get It Scrapped

One of my high school friends had talked me into trying out for a modeling contest. Nothing ever came of it except for a few posed photo of me. My son and husband get a kick out of looking at them, so into the scrapbook they go.

Black and Gold can be heavy colors. So I lightened things up a bit with vellum and washi tape with gold dots.





Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment