Monday, March 7, 2011

The Cat in the Hat...a Pagerize this challenge from Scrap Our Stash

  When I saw Joni's page at Scrap Our Stash, I really loved the hand sewn grids and the diagonal layout of her design. As I perused my photos, I decided this photo of my husband and son in front of the Cat in the Hat ride at Islands of Adventure would be perfect for such a fun page. I also immediately grabbed my Echo Park summertime papers. I thought the fun, bright colors were a perfect match for a page about the Cat in the Hat. 

As I worked on the page, I realized that I was not digging a grid design with this photo. I wanted it to be a little less structured, so I substituted the hand stitched, streamer like lines.  I dusted off some white tags and stars. The chipboard star and the die cut red and yellow stars are so old I don't know who makes them. I think I bought the die cuts when my son was 2 years old! Eight years hidden in my stash! That is way too long to not be used! 
  Theme park photos sometimes mean that strangers get into your shot...no matter how hard you try! I hid the extra people with some strategically placed journal strips.

Now it's your turn...Pagerize Joni's page and share it here. Try dusting off a technique or a few supplies while you are at it! we can't wait to see what your project!

1 comment: