Sunday, November 11, 2012

The Scientific Method: Creating a Simple Rosette Embellishment


I love simple stencils. Not only can they be used to create a background for your layout. They can also be used to create your own custom embellishments. Today, I am going to show you how to use the Jenni Bowlin Seal stencil to create a simple rosette.

Supplies
JBS Mercantile Seal stencil
Banner stickers such as the Jenni Bowlin candy Stripe stickers (you can also cut your own banners from patterned paper)
A small piece of scrap cardstock approximately 3x3
A small piece of patterned paper approximately 3x3
Scissors
Buttons or other small embellishments and stickers



Step One: Trace a seal onto patterned paper, then do the same on a piece of cardstock.










Step Two: cut the seals out. When you cut the cardstock, you will need to cut it a little smaller than the design. I find it helpful to draw a smaller design within the original so that I know where to cut. Note: If you have a Silhouette Cameo, you can use the JBS cut files for steps one and two.







Step Three: Choose your banners. Cut one in half and adhere it to the back of the seal.










Then add three longer banners. You want to layer the shortest banners first and then add the longer ones slightly askew.











Step Four: Add the cardstock seal, journal and decorate as desired.















I love finding multiple uses for my stencils. I always consider them an investment tool as I can get so much use from one item. I love that my JBS Mercantile monthly kit comes with an exclusive stencil every month.  I also used the stencil with Ranger ink to create the background design on the mini album cover.
Created with JBS Mercantile November mini album kit


Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. What a GREAT idea! Love the idea of using a cutting machine, too!

    ReplyDelete