Saturday, July 10, 2010

With All My Heart....finally

Thirteen years ago this Fall, I married the most wonderful man. I have been so in love with my husband from the first day I met him. Yet, I have not scrapped ANY of our wedding until today. I started scrapbooking when my son was a little over a year old. I was first introduced to the hobby at a Creative Memories party. With all of the photos of my son, I never got to go back to my wedding album. So, when a few months ago, I mentioned to a Friend that I was going to scrap some photos of her wedding, she jokingly said I shouldn't until I had finished my own. So, I made it a goal of mine to get to work on my wedding album.

I saw a sketch on Sketches for you  
http://sketchesforyou.ning.com/group/sketchcrazy/forum/topics/sketch-crazy-2-sketch and thought it would be the perfect jumping off point.

I chose to use Basic Grey Porcelain. I spritzed a little meadow glimmer mist on the cardstock, just to give it a little separation from the mat. I fussy cut the mat and then traced Heidi Swap heart mirrors. i wanted a border of hearts, but I felt they should all match the shape of the heart mirrors. A little cat's eye ink around the edges of the hearts added a finished look. I cut the title from a K and company vellum quotes stack. To make it more special, I used diamond and fruit punch stickles. I chose to stitch the fluorish in ecru floss, so I would not draw attention away from the photo.

2 comments:

  1. Christy, maybe it was a good thing you waited until now to scrapbook your wedding pics because this turned out absolutely beautifully and you can tell how you put your heart into it and your scrapping expertise. So lovely. Can't wait to see the next one.

    Maybe you could scrap some of mine...lol Just call me Christy because I have been married for 16 years (today) and haven't scrapped my wedding pics either...but I do have an excuse...I just started scrapping in March! Hugs, Stacy H-W

    ReplyDelete
  2. The layout is stunning. I love all the hearts and stitching.

    ReplyDelete