Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Pattern Paper Mish Mash


Did you happen to see me tweet the other day about rainy days and making page bases? Well, there was a rainy day and for whatever reason, I seem to end up making page bases on rainy days. I also needed to clean my desk.  I had a ton of scraps and  a piece of white cardstock with  mist smeared on it. I decided to collage the scraps of paper onto the cardstock. I had no clue how it would be used or when. That same night, my husband treated us to ice cream and I snapped a photo.The next morning, I had a note in my inbox with a call which would use a collage of papers with the patterns all mixed and mashed up. That is the timeline of how this layout was born, in a nutshell.
Sweet Reward  by Christy Strickler |Supplies Cardstock: Colorbok; Patterned paper: Basic Grey, My Mind's Eye, Webster's Pages, K and Company; Twine: the Twinery; Mist and Marker: Ranger; Buttons: Nikki Sivils, Basic Grey; Snap: We R Memory Keepers; Epoxy Sticker: Pink Paislee
You don't need a purpose for the page base right then and there. However, you may want to plan out how the scraps are laid out. I like to create the possibility for visual triangles. For example, you can see the orange and yellow form a visual triangle with the colors in the title. I chose to orientate the layout this way, however, I could have also flipped it. I leave little "pockets' or " Shelves" for photos when I create collaged page bases.

Page bases are a wonderful creative exercise for me. I get to use up my scraps. I save time when I grab a pre-made page base for a layout. It's always a win-win scenario. . 
For additional ideas for how to use a mish mash of patterns on your next layout, check out Get It Scrapped.

P.S> It's a rainy day again today! Guess that means more page bases...

1 comment:

  1. Love the way this turned out, Christy!! And it's awesome that you got the page background set up ahead of time!! I really love the dark outlining around the different patterns!

    ReplyDelete