Friday, September 28, 2012

Based Around a Quote

It's not something I usually do. Generally, the photos dictate the story. This time though, I had a quote  mind and I just wanted to use it on a layout. I found a not so great photo of my son who happened to have an awesome expression on his face. I converted it to a pop art style photo grid. Then I based the supply choices for the layout around the quote and the photo. I have to say that I am very pleased with the results.


Little Boys by Christy Strickler | Supplies Cardstock: Colorbok; Alphas: Paper Trunk, Pinks Paislee; Transparencies: Fancy Pants, Mists: Tattered Angels; Markers: Ranger; Other: Electrical tape, Sequins, Stencil








P.S. I am submitting this for some Linky Love from the Purple Mailbox.  Pop on over and share a project you love! There are some amazing projects to see and lots of ideas to be inspired by.

3 comments:

  1. I love this! The contrast and boldness is amazing and your use of typography is inspiring! Thanks for linking up at Purple Mailbox :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome page, Christy!! Love how you used the long quote on your page and did the Pop Art effect on the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha I love this title and the typography!

    ReplyDelete