Saturday, July 14, 2012

Orange is Everywhere!

You may recall that I got to scrap with Tangerine Tango for a Get it Scrapped assignment. Well, here I am again, scrapping with the color orange. Lately, it's ended up being a go to color for me. Maybe it's the hype about it being the color of the year. Maybe it's because it just works well for me. Either way, I have managed to create a variety of pages with orange as of late. My most recent was a page for Scrapbook news and Review magazine. The color palette for this Friday featured Orange with a bit of yellow and kraft. Kraft is another one of my go to products. I love it for toning down bright colors. I've said it before and I will say it again...Kraft paper feels special somehow, kind of like getting a surprise package and you know something good must be inside that brown paper wrapping.

This layout just called for orange. We have an energetic kitten and there she was playing inside a shopping bag. Of course, I did have a dilemma. I have a lot of other similar cat photos. So the question was whether or not to scrap the same story again. Instead of going the route of " here is my cute cat playing in a bag", I chose to document the story of how she got her name.
How JuJu Bee Got Her Name by Christy Strickler
Supplies: patterned paper: my Mind's Eye and Fancy Pants; alphas: Pink Paislee; buttons: Basic Grey; stamp: SEI; ink: SEI and Tsukineko; punch: American Crafts; other: kraft paper
Do you recognize the border? It's made with the American Crafts punches that I recently reviewed. Overall, this was a very fast page to make. The papers are cut from 6x6 sheets. I simply cut them down to match the size of the photos, then adhered everything in a loose grid. The punched borders and buttons were just the right amount of embellishing. I stamped bees on the buttons using Staz On ink. I now use bees to symbolize my kitten. her name is Juju Bee. Finding something that is a special symbol for someone in your family is a unique way to personalize a page.

Pages don't have to be complex to tell your story. Quick and Easy pages are often perfect. In this case, the bright colors needed only simple embellishments. Find new ways to use common photos to tell stories that you may not have specific photos for. You'll find you have more stories documented and more pages in your albums.

No comments:

Post a Comment