Thursday, July 26, 2012

MicroVolts and Instagrams

Ok...so I get the whole instagram trend right now. The photos are not awesome, but it's fun. I have been saving them to my computer so I can then print them out. The come out nicely on a 4x6 photo paper. I then cut and trim them down so I can scrapbook with them.

I took an instagram of my son playing a video game and then made a layout about it. I know...big shocker, another video game layout. What can I say except that it's a big hobby in our household. When I created this page, I used the composition I saw on the cover of a music album. I also googled an image of the character my son likes to play in the game.
MicroVolts by Christy Strickler | Supplies: Cardstock: Colorbok; patterned paper: Basic Grey; markers: Ranger, Bic Mark it; mist: Ranger; other: buttons, soda can tabs, cardboard, photo paper

Scrapbooking on a budget has gotten me using my pens a lot more. I took a hand lettering class at Creative Passions. So I decided to put what I had learned to use here.

For more ideas about using Print ads and other materials as inspiration check out this article( in which this layout appears) at Get it scrapped. 


No comments:

Post a Comment