Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Get It Scrapped: Playing with Paper Crafter Crayons

One of my goals this year is to use my stamps more frequently. I want to make the stamps look more interesting. Faber Castell's Paper Crafter Crayons offered me the opportunity to do just that!

Weird Ears by Christy Strickler |Supplies Patterned Paper,Acrylic: Studio Calico; Letters: American Crafts; Stamps: Basic Grey, Freckled Fawn; Ink: Tsukineko,Ranger; Twine: October Afternoon; Color Medium:Faber Castell Paper Crafter Crayons; Created for Get It Scrapped


I used Staz-on ink and a background stamp to create the patchwork quilt style block. I chose Staz-on because I knew I would be using distress ink and I didn't want the stamped image to smudge. I colored some of the patchwork blocks with the Papercrafter crayons, then used the distress ink over the top. The crayons acted as a resist and they kept their bright color.




The Faber Castell Paper crafter crayons are certainly easy to use with my stamps. You can sharpen the point if you want to color a more detailed area. The colors are very vibrant and come in easy to use sets. I am glad I have them in my arsenal of craft supplies.

Supply Options







Additional Resources


Mixed Media with Michelle Houghton: Paper Crafter Crayons and Heat Techniques , an article for Get It Scrapped











<
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment