Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Get It Scrapped: the Overprint Look

Looking at inspiration from Pinterest is one of the best ways to find new ideas to use your stash. You can find current trends which will help you choose product by color, texture or pattern. You don't need new supplies, just an eye for the right visual cues.

Recently, I made a layout for Get It Scrapped with inspiration based on overprint techniques. Before I could begin the layout, I had to decide what materials to use. I first headed over to the Get It Scrapped Overprint Pinterest Inspiration Board. As I looked through the images I made notes of what I wanted to achieve. The images in the board were full of bold colors in sheer layers. How could I achieve this with scrapbook product?

Currently Obsessed- Biology by Christy Strickler |Supplies Patterned Paper,Stickers,Transparencies, Letters: American Crafts:Letters:American Crafts;Tape: Basic Grey; Die Cut Vellum: Studio Calico; Die Cuts: October Afternoon: Other: Vellum

I decided that vellum, washi tape and transparencies would be the perfect products to achieve a blend of bold color placed in layers. I chose a bold patterned paper as my background and then began building the layout. The layout is built in the same manner as any other layout, except that I use sheer elements throughout. 





When using Pinterest for inspiration look for visual cues to help choose the right product. Those cues include: Use of color, use of pattern, and how those elements are placed within the design.


Additional Resources










Get It Scrapped Membership
Click here to view more details










Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment