Saturday, January 11, 2014

Project Life: Plans for 2014

Project Life was far more successful for me during 2013 than it was in 2012. I allowed myself to be more flexible. I didn't worry about keeping up each month. There were some months in which I had no extra time to work on the pages. Other times, I found myself inspired by a certain set of products which meant I worked on those months in lieu of staying on target chronologically. Being flexible meant I enjoyed it a whole lot more. I am looking forward to PL2014.

I still have a few months left to complete for 2013. I did successfully complete my gratitude project for November. It's now just a matter of my sitting down to blog about it and share them here with you. I am still working on my December Story pages. I'm not feeling behind. I am simply allowing myself to work with photos or products that I find myself inspired to use. I did find that I started liking my PL spreads a whole lot more once I gave myself more freedom. My goals for this year include the constant improvement of the cards and the spreads themselves. To that end, I signed up for a few inspirational classes.

I chose Project Real Life with Becky Higgins over at BPC. I had heard good things about her previous class and thought I might enjoy it.




I also chose to take Day by Day at Studio Calico. This class seems to be focusing on page design. I always feel like my cards are a bit lacking or that it takes me a long time to create the cards themselves. Hopefully, I will  find some inspiration here.


Though this class is centered on Smash books, many of the prompts are pertinent for Project Life. I will be using the prompts to inspire ideas for jorunaling prompts. Best of all it's FREE. You can find it at Creative Passions Classes.


I am also signed up for True Scrap Pocket Pages. I enjoyed chatting with friends while participating in the last True Scrap event. If you would like to join me, use coupons code 99DOWN. The code is valid through 1/13/14 and will get you $99 off the cost of the class. 
Click here to view more details




My supplies for Project Life this year will include a mix of my older patterned paper, Echo Park Photo Freedom kits, We R Memory Keepers Albums Made Easy, Simple Stories, Snap and some of the actual Project Life kits. I will also be using the monthly Historian kits from JBS Mercantile. I am not limiting the size or type of pocket pages. I plan to use a variety of them. I may also incorporate some of the postcard and stamp collecting page protectors I have left over from the days in which my son collected and traded postcards and stamps.

I have found that documenting Project Life on a monthly basis is far more easier for me than doing so on a daily or weekly basis. I plan to continue using the Project Life Spreads as a means to introduce each month. I like the way they look intermixed with 12x12 layouts.

With my current system in place, I am hoping to continue improving the speed at which I create PL spreads. I can create 12x12 layouts faster than I can do one PL page. I also wish to continue improving the way the cards look.

What are your goals for Project Life? Do you feel like you are organized and ready to work? Are creating the layouts a challenge for you?

Supply Options


Additional Resources

Project Life Inspiration board on Pinterest





Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. WoW, your list of classes are impressive! Good luck and hope you accomplish and learn a lot of new things this year! :)

    ReplyDelete