Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Get It Scrapped: Trendy Portraits

A portrait is defined as an artistic representation of a person. In most cases, we associate them with a photograph of an individual. However, if the intent is to create a likeness of someone, we can extend the definition to include something more about them. However a portrait is rendered, it should convey not just a physical likeness. It should also express their personality, perhaps even their mood.

I don't have a lot of portraits of myself. Most of the time, I am hidden behind the camera as I play photographer and document life through my lens. I am also not keen to create all about me scrapbook layouts. However, from time to time, it is important to leave behind a rendering of oneself. As I looked over the inspiration from the Get It Scrapped Pinterest Board, it occurred to me that I had an opportunity to create a portrait of sorts. One that captures a tiny bit of myself.

#LovesCats by Christy Strickler | Supplies Cardstcok: Colorbok; Letters, Wood Veneer: Studio Calico; Chipboard, Ribbon,Twine: October Afternoon; Jewels: Hero Arts; Brads: Basic Grey; Watercolor Paint: Yatsutomo;Other: Denim, Plastic Lid,Yarn












An abstract version of myself allowed me to have a little creative fun. The story is by no means a serious one. It simply tells the tale of how I have come to love cats. I have avoided the dreaded selfie while at the same time, I have found yet another purpose for one of the hundreds of cat photos I take. Yes, I am fully aware it's important to include pictures of me in my layouts. This is just a simple, yet fun way to remind me of including a bit more about myself in my albums. I plan to add some of these here and there. I am, after all, part of the stories I document about my family. Think of this layout as part of a trail of breadcrumbs which lead to a side story within the main plot.

Additional Resources


Get It Scrapped Membership

Click here to visit Get It Scrapped.










Scrapbooking Ideas Inspired by Artsy Portraits for Get It Scrapped


Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Love your interpretation of the assignment Christy and getting down personality on your layout! And I love the great design you used on this page!

    ReplyDelete