Sunday, December 1, 2013

Welcome December!

A new month! One of magic and excitement for many! Today, I open with a very special announcement. Those of you who know me well know just how much I adore JBS Mercantile.  Earlier this year, I was so excited to join their Ambassador team. Now I am pretty ecstatic to become a member of their kit club design team. There is so much that I love about their kits: the stencils, the stamps, the exclusive papers and now, the wood veneer! I am like a kid on Christmas morning every time I get a kit. It's my pleasure to welcome you to December with one of the layouts for this month's kit reveal.

When I received the box this month, I had such a hard time not sharing a photo. There are some pretty awesome items inside! As I had hoped, this month's kits have a lot of Christmas products. They will be perfect for documenting December and are so much more affordable for me than buying a December Daily kit.

Since it's not yet December, I chose to look through photos of holidays past. This is one of those layouts that needs to journaling. My son had a huge peppermint stick. I was struggling with the title until I thought about how the peppermint reminded me of a wand.














The vintage peppermint label was one of my favorite embellishments. It's the main reason I chose to work with this photo. The vellum scroll was a little too short. I also felt like it was getting lost in the patterns. After layering it over white cardstock, I cut it in half and stuck the pieces under the label. This elongated the scroll, allowing me to add a date and place.The kit also came with a set of twist ties. I cut them into pieces and then folded them to look like little bows.




I wanted to experiment with the Glamour Dust paint which came with the Mini Album Kit. I die cut letters for the title, then painted them. The glamour dust paint is sheer, adding just a touch of worn vintage sparkle to the letters. To help them stand out from the background, I used a gold gel pen to outline them, then stitched them onto vellum strips.






Each month, I will be welcoming you with a layout from the JBS Mercantile kit reveal. I will also be including any details pertaining to the My Scrapbook Evolution website, upcoming classes or specials.  In previous roundups, I have been including recent articles you might have missed on the website. I made a little change to the blog and I now have an RSS feed with the most recent articles posted to the blog side bar. You may have noticed it under the badge. This will hopefully make it easier to stay informed of articles on the website while I concentrate on writing more content for you to enjoy. My goal is to share my scrapbooking journey as well as to provide useful information and inspiration.

This month, I will be continuing my journey through Your December Story. I am working through the first parts of the lesson and will be sharing the pages here. I will also be using Document Life's Daily Doc Holiday edition to supplement my December Pages. I am halfway through my gratitude pages. It's been wonderful to work on those throughout November. These projects have definitely helped me evaluate how I do Project Life. I plan to share my thoughts on that here on the blog soon.

I hope you all have a wonderful month! Happy Holidays!

Special Offers for JBS Mercantile December 2013
Click Here for More Information about Membership


Get them Here!


December Classes




Click here to view more details









Click here to view more details









1 comment:

  1. Big Congrats Christy!! That is awesome news! Love what you did with this layout, and especially stitching the title letters over the strip of vellum!

    ReplyDelete