Monday, December 23, 2013

Document Life: It's so Sweet!

Today brings us another inspirational challenge from Document Life Workshop. Sweet can mean many things. It could be a tender moment between you and someone you love or watching your child interact with a friend.  My immediate thought was about food! Originally, my goal was to document my son and I baking for the holidays. However, I ran across some photos of him on a field trip to Auntie Anne's Pretzal store.

Pretzal Perfection by Christy Strickler Supplies| Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned Paper, Stickers: October Afternoon; Letters: American Crafts; Stamps: Jillibean Soup; Die Cuts: Elle's Studio; Acrylic, Flair: Freckled Fawn: Jewel: Hero Arts: Other: Button













I had been meaning to scrapbook this field trip for awhile now, but I always struggled with the right supply choices. I wasn't wowed by the color palette of blue, white and brown that the photos offered. I really wanted to capture how much fun we had that day. As I thought about the pretzals, I realized I often associated them with being at the fair. Once the association was made, it was easy for me to select papers from October Afternoon's Midway collection. The bright, carnival like papers added a fun element that I desired.

If you are struggling with supply choices, take a moment to consider what associations you have with objects or activities in the photos. Are there sights, sounds or emotions that come to the forefront? Use your associations as you choose your supplies. Whether your choices are literal or figurative, your associations will add more depth to the layout for you and your family. They may even spark ideas for a title or provide a more in depth story than the event itself.

How will you interpret the challenge? Share your take of Sweet Inspiration with us at Document Life Workshop.




Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment