Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Caution: Not Quite Caught Up!

Lately, I have been keenly aware of  just how much my son has grown up. It's made me nostalgic for those days of toddlerhood. There have been times when I have looked at all of the unscrapped photos and felt behind. Right now, I am grateful that I am " not quite caught up." Sure, I could get the same nostalgic feeling from looking through a completed album. However, there is also something to be said for the joy I am getting looking back through older photos and documenting them.

Caution: Crazy Driver by Christy Strickler Supplies| Patterned Paper: Jillibean Soup; Alphas: Basic Grey; Other: cardboard

My husband and I had a good laugh looking at these photos. We remembered the days when our small son would scribble on a box and make it become a car. This week I was glad that I scrapbook the photos that inspire me at the moment and don't force myself to scrapbook everything in order( though the layouts are stored chronologically).

So the next time you feel like you are behind, remember this...it's OK! In fact, it may be to your benefit.



This layout is featured in the Inspiration on Tuesday post over at Scrapbook News and Review. Believe it or not, it was inspired by a garden. To see how, pop on over to the SNR blog.


Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Excellent story!

    And excellent point. I do not ever want to be "caught up." Then what would I do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those photos are too cute Christy! Love these Jillibean papers you used, and that you were able to design with 4 "larger" sized photos on a single page layout!

    ReplyDelete