Thursday, April 4, 2013

An Introduction to the Color Palette Process

Today is Teaser Thursday over at the Scrapbook News and Review blog. I got to feature a layout from my monthly article series, The Color Palette Process. It sounds a bit foreign for me to say I have a monthly article series, but indeed I do. I was told that I have a unique way of using certain colors and I was asked if I could share it with the SNR readers. Before then, I had never really though about color and how I used it. It was there. It is a tool, and so I put it to work as it benefited my stories.

As I began writing these articles, I also began to learn more about myself. I began exploring how color inspired me, how one color played with other colors and why I chose to use what I did. My articles share parts of me, my process and what I have learned along the way.

Multimedia Kid by Christy Strickler Supplies| Patterned Paper, Ephemera, Badge: Jenni Bowlin; Letters,Stamp: American Crafts; Flowers: Webster’s Pages; Buttons, Stickers: Basic Grey; Jewel: Prima; Punch: Fiskars; Other: twine, digital stamp











When I began scrapbooking,  I often lifted other designers and observed how they worked. It helped me learn about myself and how I could tweak my own creative process to achieve the results I desired. I hope that the Color Palette Process series will help some of you in that same way. You can find it every month inside the latest edition of Scrapbook News and Review magazine.



Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

  1. Christy. I love this layout. Would love for you to link up one of your projects to Whimsical Wednesday.
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great color scheme on this page Christy! Really loving it with the b&w photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on the article series Christy! love your layout!

    ReplyDelete