Monday, August 13, 2012

Flying Ace

When I was asked to complete a project with a flight motif for Get it Scrapped, I never realized I would have so many options. I had photos of my son on a paratrooper carnival ride. I also had a photo of him from a few years back as we were flying on a plane. It was hard to choose. I finally settled on these photos. They are probably not what you think of when you think of " flight" themed pictures. My son is playing a flight simulator at an arcade. While the pictures certainly  fit the assignment, I wanted to add something to the page that also conjured images of gaming. 

Supplies: Cardstock: Colorbok; patterned paper and trim: Webster's Pages; buttons: Basic Grey; other: miniature playing cards, jeweled stars, die cut alphas; glossy accents

While sorting through some Webster's pages paper, I came across a sheet which had little playing cards on it. Several of the cards had planes. Perfect! After cutting those out, I paired them with aces from a deck of miniature playing cards. I received the deck of cards as part of a scrapbook kit quite awhile back. Once again, I have found myself using an item I never thought I would ever find a use for. Another reason for me not to purge my supplies.

The patterned paper block is composed of two sheets of 6x6 papers. I love 6x6 papers! They were just enough of what I needed for this page. There is a little bit of each color in the game machine my son was playing on. Very subtle, but a nice plus for my page. I actually realized this after the fact though I am sure it played into my choice in paper. I even managed to chop off about an inch from one sheet. I will save that for a border on another page. I hid the seam from the two sheets by placing the photos over it.

I save more scraps than I probably should. In this case, it did come in handy. The plane is the backing of a chipboard sticker. It can be a little tricky to adhere something so glossy. A little bit of glossy accents did the trick and the silhouette of the plane is perfect for this page.

Would you like to see more layouts with flight motifs? Head on over to Get it Scrapped.

No comments:

Post a Comment