Wednesday, August 7, 2013

ScrapHappy is Inspiration

I have been in a bit of a creative rut lately. Sure, I kept creating things, but it didn't always come easy. It happens to us all. Maybe we get busy. Maybe something stresses us out and keeps us from creating on a regular basis. Maybe family visits. Whatever it is, it happens to all of us at some point or another. You want to be creative but it just isn't happening for you.

My first inclination was to sign up for a few classes with friends. It seemed to work but then my interest would wane. I chose then to focus more on family. It's not like I don't spend a lot of time with family, especially since I am a homeschool mom. Even more than the usual amount of time seemed like a good idea and indeed, it was.

So here I am, recharged by summer fun spent with my favorite people and ready to jump back into the creative fray. After a little break here or there, it can be difficult to really get back into a creative daily habit. Two things happened in the past week which gave me an inspirational jumpstart. The first was the arrival of my JBS Mercantile August kits. The second was an email in my box with the sketch of the month for ScrapHappy members. I grabbed both, picked a photo and set to work.

Just Keep Swimming by Christy Strickler Supplies| JBS Mercantile August kits plus Cardstock: Bazzill; Twine: My Mind's Eye; Other: Vellum;based on a sketch from Scraphappy.org

A short time later, the layout was done! It's simple and I love it. Perhaps I had a bit of summer madness and the more relaxed schedule made it difficult to keep going all summer. Whatever it was, I now feel more on track again. I have creative goals set and am looking forward to fall.







Currently, it's Scraphappy's 3rd birthday. There's some planning for Fall fun ahead. I am looking forward to hanging out with my ScrapHappy friends. I am planning on participating in the next Layout a Day Challenge. I know I will enjoy the interaction with the friends I have made over the years. I don't know whether or not I can make a layout every single day, but I do know I will be inspired to try.

The next time you are in a creative rut, take a little time off. When you return to your creative space, go to the places you find inspiration. Scraphappy is one of those places for me.  Happy Birthday, ScrapHappy!


Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you creating again Christy! This page is fab! Love the grid design in the background and the circle photo with the rays, to look like the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping the family trip to Disneyland will get me in a creative mood when I come back!

    ReplyDelete