Monday, October 1, 2012

Tales of a Craft Class Junkie: October's Class Schedule

I can't believe that October is already here! September slipped past so quickly. Most of the classes I took in September started midway through. I am just now getting into the meat and potatoes part of the coursework.  I thought I would give you a quick run down of the class list. I know I need to make a post updating how things are going for me in the guided study critique class.

I enjoyed the trends seminar from Masterful Scrapbook Design. Many of the assignments I completed during September for Get It Scrapped coincided with the class. It made things quite fun for me. I am looking forward to this month's seminar: Finding and Evolving your Style. I always enjoy learning new things! I think this will pair nicely with the guided study critique course.







 I am really enjoying this course although at times, I have to admit the that the reading becomes overwhelming. I think the assignments are good and very in depth. They are worth revisiting after the main course is over. The best thing about the course is how it is awakening my understanding of design concepts. I now see and understand more when I look at a layout.

I have been able to tie in some of the concepts learned through the Guided Study Critique seminar. I have yet to use a kit that i have made but I did make some progress today. I received my JBS Mercantile kit for September. I was immediately inspired and began creating two layouts which will appear in tutorials for Scrapbook News and Review Magazine. I am in the mood to create more kits and I hope to play along with some challenges this month around the web.

I am off to enjoy my kits a little more and to catch up on my reading assignments for Guided Study Critique. Stay tuned to this week to see some layouts from these classes!

No comments:

Post a Comment