Thursday, February 10, 2011

Our First Home

  I have had these photos for years. I guess they have been waiting for the perfect paper to scrap them with. At first, I was saving my Echo Park " Life is Good" papers for scrapbooking our current home. However, I reminded myself that new papers will come along shortly and I will inevitably want those...so therefore, use what I have now. Especially if what I have now inspires me.

  I have been working on a family album for my son( and for future generations). Documenting the view from our first home seemed a perfect fit for this album. I think it will be fun to compare these photos, taken around the time we moved in, to photo of the day we moved out. When I saw Gemiel's page, I knew it's layout was a perfect fit for these photos showing the view from our front yard.

Echo Park Life is Good papers and alphabet
glimmer mist in electric blue and viva pink
My Mind's Eye chipboard journal spots
I also shared the story of how we bought this house. Would you believe our down payment was just $10? The market was pretty hot at the time. If you saw a house, you made an offer. This house was the third home we had looked at on our first day out. We knew it was a good investment. It had been a model home and the builder wanted to sell quickly so they could move on to a new community. I did not have the checkbook with me and the agent needed some sort of down payment to hold the home. So we gave her my husband's lunch money. It was the only cash we had on hand, but it did the trick!

Now it's your turn! Share your stories and Pagerize this at Scrap Our Stash! OH...and if you are curious, here is our front yard:
The paper covers our address. Sometimes privacy is a good thing.;)

1 comment: