Monday, May 24, 2010

Cockatiel Hair

Sometimes my son's hair sticks up in the back. Today was one of those days. I only had my phone camera with me, but still wanted to catch DS being silly while DH teased him about it. The camera in my phone is just not that great. So sadly, the photos are very grainy. I converted them to Black and white to help. They looked a tad bit better than in color...not much better, but at least I have the photos.   I used a paper napkin band( on the left side) from Bennigan's since that is where the photos were taken. the ribbons are Cosmo Cricket- jack's World. I used a K and Company citronella journal tag. The alphas are Sassafrass Lass chipboard in juicy. I inked an MM chipboard arrow with colorbox Blue Lagoon ink. I inked the edges of the PP in Colorbox chestnut roan. The PP is Sassafrass Lass- take a chance and golden love. the flower is sassafrass Lass- in a stitch blossoms:blue.

Once again, I used a Sketchy Thursday sketch. This time, it's for the 5-20 sketch challenge:


http://sketchythursdays.blogspot.com/2010/05/520-sketch-challenge.html

I handmade the bird accent. I got the idea from Club CK to make something if I couldn't quite find the right thing in my stash. The bird that inspired me was a DCWV chipboard bird from the green stack collection. You can see it here with my bird:





I sketched the shape by hand and cut...2 times. I used 3-d adhesive foam to make the accent have more dimension.I did the same for the wing. I used a yellow marker to add "stitches" to the edges and a black marker to make the eye. I used my orange pencil to color the beak. The legs are just scrap pieces of orange CS.To make the plumes, I cut thin strips of scrap CS. I then rolled it and let the roll come undone until it looked as I desired it. My zig glue pen came in very handy here. To adhere the plumes to the head and to make the tail, I twisted the paper to make it flat, added glue and stuck it on. I used a dot of glue between each tail plume to keep them from coming apart. You can see how I twisted the paper here:



And finally, the big reveal:











Add a Comment

1 comment:

  1. Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! I loveeeeeeeeee this!!! GREAT photos and love love love love that bird!!! Thanks soooooooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete