Friday, May 3, 2013

NSD Prep and Let's Sketch It Out! for SNR Magazine

It's Friday! NSD is coming up tomorrow.I think they need to change the name from National Scrapbook day to International Scrapbook day. I have a crop planned with some friends and I am so excited. Today, I will begin my prep work. I need to print some photos, make a few mini kits, and stock up on a coke or two (because I know at least one of my friends will want one, then I will want one too!). I also like to gather some sketches. When I am busy chatting with everyone, I find I don't have a lot of time to make design decisions. Having the sketches and the mini kits ready allows me to chat without worrying about the planning part of the layout.

If you need some sketches, Scrapbook News and Review has a ton. Every Friday, they share a sketch and a color palette for you. I have a layout featured with this week's sketch.

First Swim of the Season by Christy Strickler Supplies Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned Paper, Letters, Sticker: Echo Park; Other: Button

You might notice how this layout is very simply done. Remember, there are a lot of NSD challenges out there. It's ok to keep things simple. 






If you don't have time to gather some sketches of your own, here are a few resources for you:
- My Sketches board on Pinterest: I have all of the sketches pinned from Scrapbook News and Review magazine. Plus there are others I love from around the web.
- The Get It Scrapped Pinterest Board
- Shimelle.com has a sketch of the week. You can find them here.

I do find that I have a hard time journaling when I crop with friends. To save myself time, I often gather my photos and write the journaling ahead of time. This also helps me choose the right products for the layout and sketch to go with it before I even set foot in the crop.

There are going to be a lot of challenges over this weekend. Remind yourself that it's ok to not complete every single NSD challenge. Prepare some things ahead of time, especially if you are going to a crop. It's ok to scrap simply. The most important thing is to have fun and get stories onto layouts.


Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Perfect colors for those photos! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the design of this page Christy, and the cute letters for your title!! I hope you have fun at your Crop!!

    ReplyDelete