Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Get It Scrapped: Template Fun

It's hot outside. No really. It's quite HOT outside. So I retreat to my creative space. Today, I have a quick layout I created using one of the Get It Scrapped templates.

Feathered PhotoShoot by Christy Strickler |Supplies Patterned Paper Studio Calico, Life Love Paper, Basic Grey; Letters: Elle's Studio; Tag, Stamp,Buttons: Studio Calico; Tape: Amy Tangerine for American Crafts; Ink: Ranger: Punch: Jenni Bowlin for Fiskars; Stickers: October Afternoon; Gems: Queen and Co.; Based on a layout by Kim Watson for Get It Scrapped










Lately, I am finding that sketches not only allow me to experiment with my style. They also allow me to push the limits of my supplies. This particular design allowed me to play with patterned paper placement. I got to use several papers in a way that allowed them to be pleasing to the eye.  If you aren't sure about the contents of a kit, consider looking to a sketch to help you make the most of your patterns and colors. The sketch gives you clear and defined areas to place the papers. Since the design is laid out for you in a visually pleasing manner, you need only decide which papers and colors to place where.

Additional Resources


the sketch used for this layout is part of a collection of sketches and templates within the Get It Scrapped Membership

Click here to view more details














2 comments:

  1. super cute! love how you've worked the bright colors and bold patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how all the separate spots of color on this layout work so well together. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete