Sunday, March 2, 2014

Welcome March!

 I welcomed the beginning of this month the same way I welcomed February... cropping with the Get It Scrapped gang. I managed to complete quite a few pages yesterday. Almost all of my December Story has been completed except for two layouts. I was pretty pleased with how much I managed to accomplish despite spending a large portion of the day just talking.

March 1st is also the reveal day for JBS Mercantile. I decided to start my month by getting some use out of my Silhouette Portrait. I have made it a goal this year to use more of my tools. My first step was to take a Silhouette Fundamentals class over at Creative Passions Classes. I have gotten part way through the first class and find myself using my silhouette a whole lot more than I was before.

I used this month's exclusive JBS Mercantile Kit cut for this layout. It's a free cut file that is included with every main kit purchase. This month's cut features a Plus One stencil. It leaves behind this awesome plus sign style confetti. I decided to use a glue pen to adhere rows of the tiny symbol on this layout. It creates a wonderful tone on tone texture. You may have noticed I am using this Lavender Sachet homemade mist a lot lately. It's very close to radiant orchid. I used a brush and allowed the mist to run down the page.The black sequins from the Classic Sequin Assortment have a slight purple sheen that went well with this layout.




Here is a closeup of the little plus signs. Yes, a few are missing. That's ok. It just adds a little visual interest to the pattern.









I will be sharing the actual stencil cut design later on this month. Meanwhile, don't forget to check out the fabulous JBS Mercantile Design Team Kit Gallery.

Supply Options
Most Supplies used for this layout are from the JBS Mercantile March Kits, available while supplies last. Other supplies include:













This Month's Dime Store Deal
  


Click here for the deal!


















Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

  1. Fun page Christy! Love the background to go along with the theme of your photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how many points did you give yourself for all that cleaning/organizing you did today? i need another point, so i'm making the rounds of all the bloggers. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is perfectly slimey. Looks like fun for both of you.

    ReplyDelete